This Week's New Releases
Individual Release Spotify Links:
- Bonobo – Otomo
- Flight Facilities – FOREVER
- Courtney Barnett – Things Take Time, Take Time
- Courtney Barnett – If I Don’t Hear From You Tonight EP
- Mitski – The Only Heartbreaker
- Jori Hulkkonen – Songs Birds Refuse To Sing
- Damon Albarn – The Nearer The Fountain, More Pure The Stream Flows
- Beach House – Once Twice Melody Chapter 1
- Anden, Yotto & SOHMI – Youth Is Wasted on the Young
- Scandroid – Dreams of Darkness, Visions of Light
- Claire Cronin – Bloodless
- Allen Stone – APART
- The Dodos – Grizzly Peak
- Modeselektor – Extlp
- Céu – Um Gosto de Sol
- Susanna Hoffs – Bright Lights
- Lee Ranaldo – In Virus Times
- Gov’t Mule – Heavy Load Blues
- Oberhofer – Smothered
- Alan Fitzpatrick – Machine Therapy
- The Black Dog – Music For Photographers
- Dave Gahan – Imposter
- Nirvana – Nevermind (30th anniversary super deluxe)
- Silk Sonic (Anderson.pak & Bruno Mars)- An Evening With Silk Sonic
- Eric Clapton – The Lady In The Balcony: Lockdown Sessions
- Jon Hopkins – Music For Psychedelic Therapy
Collected Spotify Playlist:
All the releases in one playlist for easy consumption:
Subscribe to MUSIC:reflections on Substack to Stay Current
MUSIC:reflections, is mostly new music releases that I am tracking for myself and figured I’d share.
General disclaimer about new releases:
- This is an informed curated pull and, like life, there are no guarantees. There may be some duds, some meh and hopefully some gems that are real keepers that bring you joy.
- This is pulled from artists I know and love, to artists I’ve heard good things about and want to check out their newest output.
- They roughly in stack ranked order from must list immediately to want to get to.
- Not everything in here is for everybody, hell, not everything in here will end up being for me. This is about exploration, getting outside of our bubbles, and ultimately about discovery.
I’ll post on Fridays with an aggregated playlist, roughly in the order I want to listen to them – from first listen to last. I work through it over the coming week, then rinse and repeat.
Bottom line: YMMV