Excited for new singles from Röyksopp (two actually), Local Natives, Sylvan Esso in advance of their album dropping in a couple of weeks, a collab from Khruangbin, SBTRKT.
On the album/EP front:
- Orbital are back with a look back to celebrate their 30th anniversary with reworks, remixes and “re-envisionings” of seminal tracks. Their early 1990’s albums were category defining, so it will be interesting to see how they look forward by looking back.
- Maggie Rogers returns with a follow-up to her 2019 debut
- Sun’s Signature are Elizabeth Fraser of Cocteau Twins and percussionist Damon Reece who’s worked with Massive Attack. I spent much time in my youth listening to Cocteau Twins’ first several albums and curious to hear what she’s up to.
- King Princess is also back after a 3 year spell
- of Montreal and Liam Gallagher drop EPs
- Rounding out this week is a trio of indie, folk-rock albums from Friendship, Florist, and longtime player Josh Rouse
Oh, and yes, there is a new Beyoncé album fwiw.
Last Week’s Distilled Gems:
ODESZA’s album was excellent and quite a few of the tracks made it onto my infinite playlist Just Hit Shuffle.
Beach Bunny’s album surprised me and recommend a listen.
Jack White, Ben Harper, Marc Hartman, Dawes, and She & Him all delivered solid albums that are worth checking.